Pregnancy, is like carrying around a hot water bottle with you all the time! So when the weather heats up, you might feel it more than others. So here are some tips for keeping cool
Top 10 Tips to Stay Cool
1. Run your wrists under tepid water. This will help cool the rest of your body too by lowering your core temperature. Don’t make the water too cold as it will constrict your blood vessels and send signals to your body to retain heat.
2. If you suffer from swollen ankles and feet, raise them up and drape them with cool wet towels. Also, take advantage of the weather to wear flip flops
3. Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water, 8 glasses a day is recommended. Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink, take a bottle of water with you everywhere.
4. Go for a swim. I remember how much I loved swimming when I was pregnant, for one thing, I felt weightless for the whole time. Even if you can’t swim, spend some time submerged in the water at the shallow end, it’s a wonderful relief.
5. If you can, run your errands in the morning, before the sun gets too hot.
6. Wear large airy clothes of natural fibres, during the day as well as at night.
7. Keep your blinds and curtains closed during the day and windows open to keep the air circulating.
8. Invest in a fan and put a frozen bottle of water in front to add moisture to the air
9. If you find it difficult to stay cool at night, check out this cooling pillow
10. Carry a handheld fan with you for instant coolness
Guest Blog by Family Photographer Janet Penny. Janet is based in Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England and specialises in baby, child and pregnancy photography.
Janet runs Hushabye Photography, specialising in newborn, older baby and maternity photography. You can see her work on her website.
Rachel is a Complimentary Health Specialist and runs a Wellbeing Centre and is the founder of Buddha Buddies, Baby and Children’s Yoga, Massage and Mindfulness classes. She is the author of Mindful Parenting – 40 Mindful Moments to share with your children. She is currently working with experts in the field of Pregnancy, Child Development and Mindfulness to bring more information to parents everywhere. You can check out her blog on Top Tips to bring in some Mindful Moments with your children.
Grab More Top Tips
If you would like to have fab tips like these direct to your inbox, then sign up to the newsletter. You can even choose which topics interest you! Of course, you will not be bombarded with lots of useless daily emails. Instead just once a month some useful titbits will come your way. Sign up on is on the side of this blog .
There are affiliate links on this page, as an Amazon Affiliate, I do receive a small income from any items purchased. I only endorse products that I use. So rest assured that there are only great links for you