This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.buddhabuddies.co.uk.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Buddha Buddies and Massage Your Baby are the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Buddha Buddies and Massage Your Baby
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 2 The Terrace, Maidstone Road, hadlow Kent TN11 0DL
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUND WE PROCESS IT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
• Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for connecting you with your local Instructor, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests, which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
• Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/ or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details.
We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
• User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain backups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
• Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyse your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
• Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content, news, training information and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
• We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests, which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
• Event Booking & Attendance Data that includes data about the class or workshop booked, the local event is booked with and your personal and sensitive data collected as part of that booking process. We process this data to ensure completion of your event booking, the delivery of your service and the suitability of our service. Our lawful ground of processing is in order to faciliate the delivery of the services being booked with your local instructor and to ensure suitability of the service for the end user which in this case are to monitor the stage of pregnancy or motherhood, age of infant attending with parent and any physical or psychological health factors that may impact on the ability or suitability of classes and/or workshops for the end user. Explicit consent relating to this type of data is requested separately upon booking of any event. When an enquiry is made or an event booked via a local profile page the resulting data collected is shared by both Buddha Buddies or Massage Your Baby and the Instructor delivering the class in their role as a self-employed sole trader in their area.
• Sensitive Data. We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you (with the exception of event booking health questionnaires and participation review – defined below). Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. In the case of event booking health questionnaires, we need to collect the following sensitive data about you in order to fully assess your suitability for attendance at our classes and workshops and to ensure any adaptations required in the case of any health condition relating to Mother or Infant are met:
• Date of Birth of Baby
• Medical/Psychological conditions relating to Mother
• Medical conditions relating to Baby
Upon completion of classes and workshops provided by us and our Instructors we need to collect sensitive data about you in order to fully assess your experience of the services, to monitor the progress and outcomes from our services and to ensure your needs are being met as a client. In the case of event follow up questionnaires we need to collect the following sensitive data about you in order to fully assess your progress from attendance at our classes and workshops:
• Date of Birth of Baby
• Medical conditions relating to Mother and/or Baby
• Physical and emotional experience of pregnancy, birth and parenting
• Birth outcome details
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at email@example.com. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
4. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. However, you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into the website and checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences OR by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or OR by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
• The Buddha Buddies or Massage Your Baby Instrcutor delivering the services to you in a self-employed capacity.
• Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
• Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers.
• Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Many of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is in place:
• We will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
• Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe;
• If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data.
They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at email@example.com
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
Terms & Conditions of Participation with Consent Form
Buddha Buddies Terms and Conditions with Consent Form
In reference to Buddha Buddies (of 2 The Terrace, Maidstone Road, Hadlow Kent TN11 0DL) accepting my child as a participant of Buddha Buddies Yoga Classes, I hereby warrant, accept and agree for myself and on behalf of my child that:
1. I understand that all fees will be payable before the start of every course.
2. I consent to my child being filmed, recorded and/ or photographed for the course, on the terms set out in this release form and to any resulting footage, recording or still of my child being used in the classes and/ or in material produced in connection with the classes in perpetuity (including but not limited to specific marketing and publicity materials in all media such as Buddha Buddies websites and social media.
3. I assign to Buddha Buddies the copyright and all other rights in my child’s and/ my own contribution to the classes (including, for the avoidance of doubt, and any other use of such contribution as maybe permitted as per paragraph 3 above). I agree that Buddha Buddies may edit, adapt, translate and remove my child’s/ or my contribution and I hereby waive irrevocably any and all moral rights in respect of my child’s and/ or my contribution which may exist now or in the future. In the event that I have to withdraw my child from participation from the classes, it will be at Buddha Buddies sole editorial discretion as to whether to use any material featuring my child, which has been gathered prior to such withdrawal.
4. My child and I will observe all procedures and rules and obey all instructions in force or given by an authorised official in connection with the management of the classes and/ or the locations and fire safety and fire arrangements in those locations and surrounding areas.
5. Where my child’s contribution includes the submission of any material to Buddha Buddies including, without limitation film footage of any kind and web blogs I will ensure and warrant to Buddha Buddies that I have obtained the consent of any persons appearing in such material for the material to be used by Buddha Buddies in any manner and that such material is not defamatory to any person and does not bring Buddha Buddies into disrepute.
6. I understand that these classes require my child to take part in physical activities. I declare that my child is fit and healthy to take part. I will inform Buddha Buddies if there any health concerns such as illness, which may adversely affect my child or other people at the classes e.g. chicken pox, measles, flu and other infections. Buddha Buddies reserve the right to refuse participation on the day of the class if any illness of this nature is evident.
7. If any of the information I have given in this form becomes incorrect due to any changes in circumstances between the date hereof and the date of classes I undertake to inform Buddha Buddies immediately of such change.
8. Buddha Buddies shall not be liable to me or my legal representative for any loss or damage or injury to my child or my child’s personal property caused or suffered during or in connection with the class.
9. My child’s contribution shall not contain anything, which is offensive, defamatory, an infringement of copyright or which is calculation to bring Buddha Buddies into disrepute.
10. I confirm that I am the child’s parent or legal guardian.
11. I understand that Buddha Buddies complies with all of the provisions of the Data Protection Act of 1988 and that all information held in respect of myself and / or my child will only be used in connection with my child’s participation in the classes (and the use of such participation in related material as specified in paragraph 3 above).
Please complete below
Name of Child: …………………………………………………………………………
Gender: Male/ Female DOB: …………………………………………………….
I agree to the terms and conditions as set out above:
Print Name: ….………………………………………………………………………….